Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Sila Nerangalil Sila Manithargal

This caption was a famous tamil novel and went on to become a movie too in the 80's.
But this line comes to my mind when i so often get to meet people in different moods, or different people or the same people after they change colors / moods etc.

Sometimes you do bump into nice people Like that Mr Narayanan who offered me and mom his car to drop us seeing i was pregnant . That day i felt like ..this is experience of seeing a god in human being ..I had accompanied my mom to her eye doctor when i was in my ninth month pregnancy .We were at the clinic and it started pouring We were waiting patiently for the rain to stop but time was flying .Once the rain drops reduced , amma was telling me she would go get a rick and come to the entrance and if i can manage to come until there ..we could just go home. Watching all this was this person who was another patient at the eye clinic.He just came & told us , i will send u my car and driver , just tell him where you have to be dropped.I cant forget that day ..a mere stranger offering you some help
Or should i say people are considerate about pregnant ladies ...NO, not really ..it is just that he is a good human being as there were also other places i visited as a pregnant lady where people did not even bother to give me room to stand by the counter , then only talk about being considerate .I cant forget gangotree for that ..i loved pani puris and every Sunday i almost went there ..when getting the pani puri , the men next to me just rushed and pushed ..i used to look at my husband (as i cant be angry with that stranger) in wonder and my eyes would say ..cant this men be more considerate at least seeing how big my tummy is :-P


So, u see .. people are different kinds .. Some don't even respect others ..
and what i can never understand is how some are so jealous of their neighbors, friends and even family members.I have also experienced some incidents with a neighbor who constantly wanted to know what we are bringing home , where we are going and where we buy our stuff etc.

And some people's behavior shock me , they are more interested in other people's life than their own .Some even go to the extent of checking what is happening in our lives and when i come across such people all i can remind myself of is Eleanor Roosevelt's quotes

"Great minds discuss ideas.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Luved reading every bit of it....I too often tell this caption when I come across so many different chars.

Srividya Padmanabhan said...

Viji - its better than living in a apartment of 75 flats and not knowing who your next door neighbour is.

Yes some people are very nosy... but you can't blame them, that's how they grewup, think, act and behave. Its up to them to change. I think the best way is to accept their ignorance and hope they would change. :)