Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I LOVE MY INDIA

Am sooooooooo glad that i am gonna celebrate my 100th blog on Independence day and here i am -writing all about my lovable country . INDIA - The vey fact that i was born in this country makes me love it to bits and reading the indian history at school makes you more proud . When i was a teenager i did get angry everytime i read about all the atrocities in the pre independence era. How much our ancestors must have gone through for me to sit and write here and for you to read it out there!!! Imagine - would this have been possible 66 years back? My most memorable patriotic moments as far as i can remember is when i hear or sing the National Anthem .Every time i sing it ,i get goose bumps and sometimes i end up crying too!!! There are times in school when even friends have made fun of me when i keep standing for the Jana Gana Mana song rehearsals during my band days . They used to ask me -we are gonna practise 50 times -are you gonna stand up every time??? That was my passion and respect for the anthem during school days . However i regret that i also succumbed to the pressure as i became an adult and regrette now standing up when it was played in k3g Movie as the entire theatre crowd only kept sitting down and the folks i watched it with also kept saying it is not necessary as it is only part of the movie What a shame ? i am sure that was the last time -i thought of what others thought and did what they wanted than what i wanted to do!! The next patriotic experience i remember was after the movie roja -my neighbours were commenting how stupid od Arvind sawmy that he almost sacrificed his life to save the flag . I was a teenager then but still got shocked when the young lady told me she would have poured water and stamped out the fire and i angrily replied " You are saying this because you are an anglo indian -but we indians would do anything to save the nation's pride !!!" Wow- how vividly i remember all this!!! India - I love everything about you !!! so many beautiful states, languages , different cultures and that is what makes you so diverse. But one thing is everyone uses this diversity to create divide between people and my only wish is that everyone really try to live the Unity in Diversity that we claim to be proud of and We Indians are sure to race ahead of other super powersss! Wishing for a violence free, Poverty free , Corruption free and more tolerant Indians Jai Hind !!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hats off to ur patriotism....OMG I was getting goosebumps reading ur post. Love this post!!! Happy Independence day!!

georgemicky said...

Nice