Thursday, December 5, 2013

Navratri 2013

Navratri comes with its own charm of golu,kutcheris,temple visits and what not!! One of those times where i dont miss visiting the temple I was delighted to see the Amman in various forms for all the 9 days and it becomes like a countdown for me to guess and wait to see what will be her form that day and trying to learn what forms those avatarams meant too And interesting part are the golu visits where everyone tries to portray their favorite stories through their golu I did learn a little about parts of ramanyana and wonder why no one chooses mahabaratam storied in golu displays Taking Vihaan to the Anantha padmanabasamy temple was like a ritual in itself and bonus was when one trip his friend Kimaya joined in And it was lovely to have some of my friends home for vathilai paaku custom Navratri makes me feel like a traditional complete woman in this modern world where you dont often feel that way Hope i enjoy the navratris to come and look forward to my very own Golu Navratri:-)

No comments: