Monday, December 15, 2008

My connection with Animation.....

I love movies and especially animated movies ...
If i remember well the first animated movie that i saw on a movie hall was "Cars" .I literally fell in love with it ....The attitude F1 race car who thinks he is god and his realisation about true love & life happens when he sees his downfall ...Human characters could not have brought out that emotions so well that those animated characters brought on to the screen !!

It was awesome ..especially when he falls in love with the girlie car and takes a drive down the road with a view of the waterfall ..i still remember that scene so well being the romantico viji :-)

Then i watched "Happy Feet" and my heart ached for the Dancing Penguin when he failed to win over his gal because he could not sing like the traditional lot of penguins..

Then came "FINDING NEMO" which tops my favourite movie list..though this should have been the movie that introduced me to the animation world ..i got to watch it very late ..It was almost 2 years back when i visited my friend in mumbai ...we caught up with the movie ....I literally prayed that Nemo's dad should find NEMO ..He was just an adoring father and NEMO takes your breath away when he gets stuck in the fish tank pipe .....Animated movies to me are "Characters filled with emotions that translates the magic of imaginary things that can bring life to the screen" ....A real beauty !!

Recently i borrowed a DVD from a colleague who sent us mails saying he was inspired by an animated movie ...that was the terrific "Kungfu Panda" . I cant forget that day ..i was at an all time emotional low and decided am gonna get over it by watching this DVD.....My sister to accompany me ..could not have asked for more ..

It was an evening filled with laughter ..The PANDA makes u laugh till your stomach aches ..he was so cute that i wished i had one pet like him :-) Such a nice movie with inspirational message ....The difference lies in how you see yourself -Nothing's impossible !!!

I watched some scenes repeatedly... how he tries so hard to visit the grand kungfu ceremony, feels ashamed that he cant see his toes - his tummy is so big and how he learns the martial art being the very himself !!!

Finally , i wanted to see "THE LION KING " which so many people often mentioned in their animated movie list .I happily delegated the job on downloading the movie to my kiddo sister ...The dedicated kiddo sis also did that and we got to spend another exciting evening with "SAMBA" ....Samba looked so cute as a cub and his proud dad "Mufasa " -Another nice character in the movie ....I loved this movie too (This goes without saying by now)....i loved the Elton john musical in this movie and i kept humming " Hakuna Matata" all the time ...Music on this movie is mesmerising !!

I know this is just a few that i have watched till now..But that's kool as... Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, i have more to catch up on my list of ANIMATED FUN:-)

1 comment:

Madbull-Ram said...

:))))))))))))))))))))) Cars is one of the most remembered movie. In fact, I bought both cars (Lightning McQueen and Sally) when I visited Universal Studios as a fond remembered of that movie as it was a special day!

Trust me animation movies rock and what's great is they can deliver the most sensitive things in ever so light fashion, be it love or human respect :)

Do watch:
Wall-E (simply LOVE)
Shrek (simply rib tickling),
Ice Age (amazing movie that showcases importance of friendship),
Madagaskar,
Rat-a-touille,
Final Fantasy,
Monsters Inc,
The Incredibles,
Toy Story,
Horton hears a who (beautiful)
A bugs life,
Antz,
The Simpsons
Wallace and Grambit,
Lion King

I think that should keep u occupied for 2 months.