Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Is this a womanish quality ?

I don't know what to call it..envy , jealously ?? or what that is i don't know .you will get to know what i am talking about as you read this blog.


One day , i was at the tailor's place  giving my new saree and blouse material to stitch the blouse .
And there were a mom and daughter duo giving thousand different instructions to the tailor as to how they want their salwar material etc . I waited patiently and as the Tailor realised these guys are gonna take
more time with him -he turned towards me to ask my requirements. I just gave him a sample blouse , chose a neck design and got done with it in i guess about five minutes. As i was gonna leave the duo , especially the
daughter asked me where i got the saree from and i instantly replied saying Nalli .They even went ahead and asked which branch etc . Very sweetly i gave them all the details .I also noticed even the salwar material she had was looking nice and i complemented them saying it is very nice and asked them where they bought it .I was taken aback with their answer to my question  as -with a pause after thinking for a second , she said " It is a GIFT " and i could clearly see it was a LIE . Gosh - i wondered why are some women like this .Why is it that they do not want others to know about where to get good deals and stuff .Why is that they hesitate to complement someone else on their looks or a dress etc .What is the issue ?


As this incident repeated again in my life .This acquaintance called me up to check where i buy my skirts as she noticed me many a times wearing skirts .After i gave all the details , as it was close to Diwali -i asked her where have they bought their Diwali's buys for their new born  baby and instantly came the answer that we did not buy anything for him . His uncle has bought his new clothes.Cant u believe tat as family who spends on luxurious things did not buy the baby new stuff for his first diwali .And what amused me was that she is here calling me to check where i buy stuff and does not want me to know about the places that she buys her stuff from ...


ooh ..i wonder why some woman are like this !!!!


And some them actually make me feel stupid thinking of the way i share my good deals with everyone so sweetly .Guess all i want is to recommend the good guys who give me a great deal of service and value for money . Dont you think it is just right to pay them back by recommending them to as many as possible !!
Why hold on to them as a big secret ? Why feel so envious that everyone else will also get to wear good stuff , buy economically etc... I keep wondering again is this just a womanish quality or does it exist in many of us irrespective of the gender !!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I understand...And I've come across such people too esp girls during my college days....they exactly were like wat u say.....they will try to hide the details of chudi/bag.

Me like u used to give all the details having a proud feeling :)
Now the most frequent q I ask is: what camera u use...few of them will leave it unnoticed thank god they dont lie to me...But few are very sweet even to give info like make model and year too....

Dono whether its a womanish thing or not but to me I havent experienced such stuff from any guy so on a sad note 90% yes it may be a womanish quality